Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Man massage

For my birthday, back in June, my thoughtful hubs gave me a gift certificate to a local spa in town. While rifling through my purse a couple of weeks ago I came across it. Completely unused & glorious! 

For whatever reason, a thought came to me & I immediately called the spa to see what their policy is on how you can use their gift certificates. "How ever you like!" was their response. Awesome! 

Now on very rare occasions, I get bursts of unselfish spontaneity so I have to act quickly before I realize what I have done. :) Before I knew it, I had booked a couples massage for Jason & I for last Saturday morning!

Jason had never had a massage before... ever... in his life. "What??", you say. I know! I was given a massage as a matron of honor gift years ago and have delighted in a facial before so I knew we were about to thoroughly enjoy this. 

Jason was excited about it that morning but nothing compared to my overjoyed jabbering self. He asked a few questions about what to expect & verified that I would choose Mark the masseur and he would have Misty. There was plenty of teasing that he would get the dude until the morning of. I can't resist trying to get one over on that man! 

We arrived at the spa on time & were taken back to the room quickly. We stripped down & slid underneath the sheet on our appointed separate tables. My excitement was almost uncontrollable! As the hour passed, we were pampered, rubbed, kneaded, karate chopped and transported to a jelly like state. It was WONDERFUL!! Jason kept commenting through out "if only I had known sooner" and "how often do you recommend getting a massage". Needless to say, he is hooked! 

I think I can count on getting that perfect little packaged certificate of love for every holiday & occasion until the end of time. Score! 

So with a pound of lotion in our hair and muscles made of noodle soup, we left the spa... grabbed a Starbucks and bite of lunch and poured ourselves onto the sofa for the rest of the afternoon. It was the perfect way to spend our Saturday! 

                                                                       Ahh.....


1 comment: