Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Shrimp Alfredo

By request, I will be posting a few recipes that are on our weekly menu! I apologize that I don't have picture to post of the pasta from last night but I will flood the next few posts with pictures from beginning to end. :)


Shrimp Alfredo:

1 lb peeled & deveined uncooked shrimp
2 tbsp butter
Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
2 cloves minced garlic
2 c heavy cream
1/2 c white wine
1/2 + c grated parmesan cheese
1 lb linguini pasta (We like the one in the refrigerated section)
olive oil
S&P
1 large pot (for pasta)
1 large skillet

  • Bring a large pot of salted water to boil with a healthy drizzle of olive oil added to the water. (It keeps the pasta from sticking together.)

  • In the large skillet, heat butter & garlic over med-high heat. (Be careful not to let the garlic burn!)

  • Rinse the shrimp and pat them dry then season with S&P and Old Bay, if you like. Add them to the butter & garlic until they start to turn pink, then take them out & set them to the side.

  • Add cream, wine & Parmesan to the same skillet & turn heat down to medium or med-low depending on your stove. A good simmer is what you're looking for. You want the cream to thicken up!

  •  The fresh pasta only takes a few minutes to cook so add the pasta to the boiling water while the sauce is thickening. Cook according to package & drain. (I like to reserve a little of the pasta water in-case I get my sauce too think or you could use a splash of milk.)

  • Once the noodles are done, add the noodles & the shrimp to the cream sauce, turn the heat to low. Cook until shrimp are fully cooked.

I like to serve garlic bread with pasta because of you're going to eat carbs you might as well go into a carb's comma!

~Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this makes my mouth water!! I can not wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even better the next day Brianne! The noodles make it! You must try it. :)

      Delete