Thursday, March 6, 2014

Weekend Rewind

This past weekend was gorgeous here in Southwest Georgia so I was "pin"spired to get a little crafty!

I have fallen in love with a few candles at Target over the last several months, which are not cheap. I decided to take a crack at making my own soy candles. I read several tutorials that I found on Pinterest and a quick web search. I stumbled upon one that I was pretty sure I couldn't mess up and wouldn't make a huge mess to clean up. You melt the soy flakes in the microwave... That's right, the microwave! So off to my local craft store I went to buy soy flakes, wicks & scents. They were incredibly easy & super quick to make! It may take a couple of tries to get it perfect but over all, I am happy! 
(The fork was to keep the wick straight and from sinking. I was pretty proud that I thought of that on the fly!) 

My next project was actually one of my very first Pin's. I love fresh herbs! The way they look, smell, taste... everything! There is just something about walking outside your door and grabbing a handful right from Mother Nature.

I already had the large clay pot (that was home to a dead asparagus fern) so all I had to buy was the two smaller clay pots and the delicious herbs. My total cost was less than $30! This isn't even the best part though... check out these precious labels!!


In the Pin, they used real silverware but unfortuately we didn't have any to spare so I busted out the plastic forks I had stashed & spray painted them. We have a bowl of wine corks that I have been itching to do something with & twine leftover from Christmas. Free & easy! 

¡Viola! My perfect little potted herb garden. 
~Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love that herb garden and thanks to daylight savings, I'm hoping to find some time one evening to create something similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brianne!! I am loving the DST too!

    ReplyDelete