Friday, March 28, 2014

Upside-down Pizza

Okay folks, here's an oldie but goodie! 

My dear friend, Karen, gave me this recipe over 10 years ago. I was freshly moved out of my parents house & trying to learn to cook for Jason and myself. My mom is an excellent cook but like most teenagers & young 20ish year olds, I didn't really pay attention in the kitchen until it was time for me to fend for myself. This recipe always takes us back to some of our fondest memories in the ratty little duplex that Jason & I left our parents nest to start our adulthood together. Thanks Karen for this gem & for 18 years of friendship. Love ya' beotch! Now, enough of the mushy stuff & on to the cheese please! 



I had forgotten for a minute that I had promised to blog this recipe & had started cooking the ground beef before I snapped the ingredient pick so don't forget the beef!! 

Step 1: Brown the beef & onions, then let cool for 3-5 mins. Remember to pre-heat oven to 350 while you're browning. 

Step 2: Add 1/2 -3/4 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce & 1 beaten egg to the cooled meat. We love mushrooms & pepperoni so normally I add that here but we were out & I was already in my pj's. (So what it's 6:30 on a Friday night. Don't judge.) 

Step 3: Spread mixture into a prayed 9X13 Pyrex. (I am only cooking a half recipe so please ignore the 8X8 in pic's below.) 


Step 4: Top with cheese!! 

Step 5: Open up the can of crescent rolls & lay them on a piece of wax paper. Pinch the preferrations together to make one huge rectangle. You can GENTLY stretch it to fit the 9X13. It will puff up!


Step 6: Lay the crescent roll on top and bast with the other lightly beaten egg. This will make it golden & glorious! 


Step 7: Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until golden brown & bubbly. 



I hope you enjoy this as much and as long as we have! 

Upside-down pizza Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
1 small onion chopped
2 large eggs (divided)
1/2 - 3/4 jar spaghetti sauce
2 c pizza cheese (motzeralla & cheddar)
1 can creasent rolls 


No comments:

Post a Comment